There’s no better place to call home than Grand Cayman! If you are looking for sun, sand and beautiful beaches this is where you need to be!
A 7,000 square foot Inflatable AquaPark in the popular tourist mecca of George Town is in search of an honest, hard-working, passionate and enthusiastic Aquatic Supervisor who is an experienced instructor of lifesaving and/or lifeguarding skills and techniques.
Under the direction and supervision of the Owner of the AquaPark, or designate, your duties and responsibilities as the Aquatic Supervisor will be extensive and will provide you with the opportunity of overseeing the day to day operation of an amazing and growing AquaPark!
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that our guests have a safe, enjoyable and FUN swimming experience! As well as, be responsible for the hiring and supervision of our full time, part time and seasonal staff. By leading by example you will ensure that all staff
provide excellent customer service and ensure that our guests are using the equipment safely, but above all ensure that our Staff
provide memorable experiences for our guests!
Considerable independent judgment and effective time management is essential to be successful in this position. The Aquatic Supervisor must have well-rounded experiences in Aquatic programs, services, and teaching and be able to bring those experiences to the year around operation at the AquaPark to better them and provide new and exciting opportunities for the Grand Caymans. The Aquatic Supervisor must have the ability to effectively communicate in a diplomatic, positive and effective manner to both staff and guests regarding expectations, rules and regulations. This will be an exciting and refreshing opportunity to fill a unique niche in the Cayman Islands’ water sports industry, solidifying the need for a source of family fun and recreational entertainment. Are you up for this exciting challenge?!
We are looking for an Aquatic Supervisor who possesses the following Certifications and Qualifications:
• Post-Secondary Education in Sports, Recreation, Health and Wellness, Hotel Management, Outdoor Recreation or relevant field.
• Lifesaving NL Pool Option and/or NL Waterpark.
• NL Instructor and/or NL Recert Conductor.
• First Aid Instructor (Red Cross and/or Lifesaving Society).
• Standard First Aid with CPR C/AED with Royal Lifesaving Society.
• Lifesaving Instructor.
• 5 or more years working in an Aquatic Supervisor, Aquatic Team Leader and/or Management position.
• Experience working in an Inflatable Waterpark, would be an asset.
• Exemplary Customer Service Training.
• Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
• Ability to follow directions and work with minimal supervision.
• Stamina, energy and willingness to learn and provide a safe and enjoyable Inflatable AquaPark for our guests.
Duties and Responsibilities within the position could include, but not limited to:
• Considerable knowledge of Aquatic programs, services and teaching. As well as have the ability to implement positive change and growth to your Team, which will meet the needs and interests of the community and company in relation to our guests having a safe, enjoyable and FUN swimming experience.
• Working with and be apart of the Grand Cayman’s community to advertise and promote the AquaPark.
• An active member of the Team who will oversee the day-to-day operation of the AquaPark, which includes, but not limited to; staff scheduling, daily team meetings, safety checks of all equipment, programming and scheduling of staff, oversee required repairs and preventative maintenance.
• Develop and maintain a hiring program for Fun Leaders and Lifeguards, which includes marketing, advertising as well as strategies, to reach and maintain required numbers on a seasonal and annual basis.
• Coordinate and maintain staff recruitment and retention– hiring, training and performance reviews for all departments.
• Supervise all staff who are employed by AquaPark, which could include; Aquatic Fun Leaders, Lifeguards, Customer Service Staff, Cleaners and Maintenance Staff and provide positive and constructive documented feedback as needed and within a timely manner.
• Contribute to strong communication with all Team members, promoting leadership and positive relationships.
• The ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with all staff to ensure that everyone works cohesively and in harmony.
• A demonstrated ability to prioritize, organize and multitask to meet operational requirements in a fast-paced working environment. As well as be able to work independently and as an active member of a multi-disciplinary team.
• Provide excellent customer service to our guests at all times. As well as, deal with complaints that are brought to your attention both professionally and in a timely manner keeping in mind the reputation of AquaPark.
• Collaborates with the Owner on the budget expectations (expenses and revenue) and ensures that strategic planning and other business practices is maintained to ensure positive growth to the Company. It is expected that the Aquatic Supervisor work within the allocated budget and any concerns are to be brought up with the Owner in a timely manner.
• Oversee that all daily cash outs are done correctly and provide feedback and additional training for errors.
• Oversee that all daily/weekly/monthly cleaning and maintenance is completed as well as ensure that all supplies remain stocked.
• Teach Advance Leadership Courses as needed and within the scope and time of the position.
• Responsible for the marketing and advertising of the AquaPark in Grand Caymans as well as to the cruise ships. Coordinate cruise ship group bookings/rentals, including accounting processes.
• Greet all guests in a pleasant and friendly manner as well as answer questions about the AquaPark, its programs and services as needed.
• Assist AquaPark Owner with the further growth and development of the AquaPark.
• This position is scheduled for days, evenings and weekends. • Have an excellent Sense of Humour and Adventure to ensure that your Team and work place is exciting and fun!
• May be asked to work or perform other related Management duties.
Work Schedule: The Aquatic Supervisor is expected to work 6-days per week to oversee the day-to-day operation and could be working 40-50 hours per week.
Wage Range: $45,000-$54,000 (US Dollars) per year, depending on experience, qualifications and certifications. Employment includes Extended Health Benefits (holiday’s, pension and insurance).
Employment Start Date: TBD
The successful candidates will require a Criminal Record Check and Working with Vulnerable Persons Search, prior to being offered the position. As well as, maintain a clean Criminal Record to remain on staff.
Please email your cover letter outlining why you are interested and qualified for the Aquatic Supervisor position, a resume outlining your qualifications relevant to this position and 3 work related reference to Daniela Correia from D.C. Global Talent Inc. at email@example.com .
Thank you for your interest in this position. Due to the vast number of applicants only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview.