The Guest Service Agent is responsible for providing quality guest services that include registration and check-out, PBX operations, daily customer service responsibilities.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Review arrivals noting special requests, blocking rooms as needed.
- Check in and out hotel guests in a confident, professional and friendly manner.
- Answer all phone calls promptly and knowledgeably, always ensuring complete and accurate information.
- Complete all items on appropriate (AM, PM, Overnight) checklist by end of shift.
- Conduct pre-assignment of hotel rooms, which includes VIPS, repeat guests, all packages, and any special requests.
- Follow established key control policy.
- Ensure proper credit policies are followed. Submit all lost & found articles accompanied by a completed lost & found report.
- Knowledgeable of immediate area, services, attractions, and events.
- Knowledgeable of fire and emergency procedures.
- Open, secure, and balance out daily shift bank which involves counting and verifying cash, check, and credit card transactions occurring while on duty.
- Verify credit limit report.
- Monitor room availability throughout the day.
- Review daily the selling status of the hotel using yield management system.
- Attend department meeting once a month.
- Performs all other duties as directed by immediate supervisor.
- Other Department related duties as become necessary.
- Contact via telephone with the other departments such as Reservations, Sales, Housekeeping, Bell Staff, and Valet is crucial to ensure that hotel services are coordinated to provide the best in guest satisfaction.
Specific experience we’re seeking:
- Previous experience in a Front Desk or customer facing role.
- Works well under pressure, dealing with many arrivals and departures within a short period of time.
- Able to accommodate a flexible schedule that may include weekends and/or holidays
- Familiar with hotel systems and operations, and can enter in information accurately
- Outside –of-the-box thinker who takes initiative to creatively solve problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Prior experience required. Depending on the role degree may be required.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally with other business departments, guests, and vendors. Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, or telephone. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10-25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Pay: $9USD plus gratuities per hour (gratuities vary based upon occupancy, hours worked and room rates)