This is a full time position that shares responsibility with the GM for the total operation of the restaurant location, including building sales and all other aspects of profit and loss. This individual will participate in hiring/training of management and hourly crew, daily execution of safety/sanitation, quality food preparation and guest service. Responsible for the proper execution and operation of the kitchen department. Share responsibility with the GM for the cleanliness, repair and maintenance of the physical building. Responsible for planning, implementing and optimizing new marketing programs to drive local awareness and brand engagement and build strong community relations and to grow sales for targeted departments. The Sales and Operations Manager will work closely with the Corporate Marketing Department to ensure effective and enticing marketing and promotions are implemented in Grand Cayman to reach a diverse customer base.
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Demonstrate our Core Values by possessing an entertaining and Fun personality and by adapting to the needs of our guests
• Ensure the highest quality product reaches our guests and meet specifications.
• Ensures that all productivity and quality standards are maintained.
• Ensures a high standard of service efficiency, sanitation and training.
• Assists in all facets of operation to include financial, forecasting, recruiting, entertainment, sales and marketing.
• Planning of day-to-day venue operations to ensure positive performance to budget and standards.
• Responsible for nightly cash outs and closing duties of crew members and walk through of venue.
• Provide leadership for crew members through effective communication, coaching, training, development and conduct regular crew
quality circle meetings.
• Accountable for the development, performance coaching, timely completion of all annual salaried and hourly performance reviews.
• Ensures accurate completion of schedules, break times and attendance input nightly.
• Anticipates and recommends employment.
• Assists management in training new crew members within their department.
• Maintains high-level of knowledge regarding the company’s products and happenings and ability to communicate properly to
guests. Establish rapport with all guests.
• Performs other duties and tasks as assigned or determined by department head and moves with a sense of urgency.
• Enforces responsible alcohol service.
• Understands, utilizes and enforces all safety and sanitation practices as defined in the safety program and reports any incidents/
• Adheres to all company policies and procedures as established in the Crew Member Handbook
• Preparation of DMR and related daily activities to be email to Directors.
• Ensures all accounting and administrative reports are done daily, especially in the absence of the GM.
• Ensures proper coordination of functions.
• Earning and maintaining the respect, judgment and confidence of superiors and subordinates.
• Work closely with all Department Heads and liaison with GM.
• Develop excellent relationships within the community and with local hotels to drive business
• To maintain current partnerships and create new ones with local tour operators to drive business on ship days
• Maintain our loyalty and CRM platform to drive retention, repeat business and cross-selling behavior
• Develop and execute customer promotions and marketing concepts through community and hotel relationships in order to drive
business to ensure weekly targets are met.
• Development of our established platform of functions, special events and birthday parties.
• Ensure that weekly targets are met for each of these categories and that all events are and parties are excecuted flawlessly and
100% customer satisfaction is achieved.
• Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of Food & Beverage service and the hospitality industry.
• Ability to make conscious cost saving decisions as related directly to your responsibilities.
• Ability to complete a heavy workload in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision and handle multiple tasks
• Proactive, independent, tenacious strong work ethic
• Ability to effectively prioritize multiple projects, meet aggressive sales targets, and manage results
• All hands on deck attitude. Willing to step in to assist with all venue initiatives as needed, regardless of department, job title or
• Excellent skills in decision-making, multi-tasking, and communication
• Strong marketing and/or communications experience with the ability to plan and implement a strategic, integrated marketing
• Develop strategies and programs to improve the guest experience and increase sales through engagement, satisfaction, advocacy,
frequency and communication.
• Be at least 21 years of age.
• Broad experience in hospitality management.
• Highly-Energetic, self motivated, goal oriented and dependable.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, and outstanding leadership, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
Strong analytical and decision-making skills
• Computer literacy
• Must be able to work long hours and a flexible schedule including opening, closing, weekends and holidays.
• Food safety and Alcohol Awareness.
• Health permit/food safety card. Staff member is required to obtain cards individually and provide proof of possession prior to first
day of employment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Tertiary degree preferred.
• Three to five years in a high volume Food and Beverage experience in senior management capacity; or equivalent
• Or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, or 8+ years of related experience
• Five or more years of work experience in Cayman Islands with sales and marketing and/or project management
• Demonstrated experience in planning, organizing and executing projects of varying complexity and delivering them within specified
timeframes and budgets
• Proven track record of growing business and exceeding sales targets