Responsible for supervising and assisting in the preparation of all food items, based on standardized recipes while maintaining the highest standards to produce an appealing and appetizing product. Also responsible for ensuring the cleanliness, sanitation and safety in the kitchen, work and storage areas while minimizing waste and maximizing cost/production ratio.
- Possesses a strong background/knowledge of cooking techniques
- Motivates and coaches all associates on the Kitchen’s food production team to ensure that all established standards are met
- Completes mise en place and sets up station for banquets, breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner service
- Checks pars for shift use, out-of-stock items or possible shortages
- Assists in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems
- Ensures correct preparation and presentation of a consistent level through production and demonstration
- Controls labor and operating expenses
- Ensures sanitation standards that are set forth by Cayman regulations are in compliance
- Utilizes checklist before and after each meal period
- Constantly recommends service and product improvement regarding all aspects of the menu, ingredients, preparation and execution
- Manages the daily ordering process
- Perform other duties as directed by the company
- Active participant in recruitment, coaching, training, development, performance reviews, discipline of staff
- Proactive communicator, active problem solver
- Performs standards tests as required
Salary: US$45,000 – $55,000 commensurate with qualifications and experience. Company will provide competitive health insurance, vacation package and Pension contributions.
Please email your resume to email@example.com … do not apply on this job board.