Hello, food enthusiasts! We at DC Global Talent would love to bring the finest culinary experiences to your kitchen. Today, we are thrilled to present an exquisite recipe shared by Niran Di Blasio, the Executive Chef of the stunning Kahari Resort in Exuma, Bahamas, one of the amazing chefs we previously recruited. Get ready to tantalize your taste buds with his Lemon and Ricotta Ravioli, a dish that perfectly captures the essence of the Bahamas.
To start, you’ll need to prepare the Eggyolk Pasta Dough:
- 500g “00” flour
- 6 egg yolks (approximately 20g each)
- 2 eggs
- Place the flour in your Kitchen Aid bowl and attach the flat beater. Start stirring at minimum speed.
- Add the two whole eggs to the flour and mix until incorporated. Next, add the egg yolks one by one.
- Transfer the dough to a large wooden board and knead it until it becomes thick and smooth. The consistency should be hard and plastic, but not sticky.
- Wrap the dough and set it aside.
Next, let’s move on to the tantalizing filling:
- 500g ricotta
- 100g Parmigiano Reggiano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2g lemon zest
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ricotta, lemon zest, Parmigiano Reggiano, salt, and pepper. Mix until all the flavors are fully incorporated.
- Cover the mixture and refrigerate it for an hour to allow it to firm up, making the filling process easier.
Now, it’s time to shape the ravioli:
- Take the pasta dough and flatten it using a pasta roller at thickness settings 2, 4, and 6, once each.
- Then, pass the dough through the pasta roller two times at setting 7, ensuring it reaches the desired thinness.
Assembling the Ravioli:
- Lay the rolled-out pasta sheet on a flat surface.
- Spoon small spheres of the ricotta filling onto the sheet, leaving enough space between them.
- Mist some water on the pasta sheet to help seal the ravioli.
- Fold the sheet in half to cover the filling, matching the sides together.
- Starting from one end, carefully pinch the sides of the pasta sheet to form individual ravioli.
With the ravioli beautifully shaped, you’re almost ready to indulge in this mouthwatering dish. To finish it off, use a pasta cutter to remove any excess dough along the edges and separate the ravioli pieces.
Now that you’ve mastered the Lemon and Ricotta Ravioli recipe from the talented Chef Niran Di Blasio, it’s time to savor the flavors of Exuma, Bahamas, in the comfort of your own home. These delectable ravioli will transport you to the pristine beaches and turquoise waters of the Caribbean.
Enjoy this delightful creation and let your taste buds dance with joy! Stay tuned for more culinary adventures from DC Global Talent as we continue to bring you the world’s finest dishes and talented chefs. Happy cooking!